Monday 14 May 2012

Tails from the River Bank

This is a sculpture made from Polymer clay. It’s a wall hanging called “Tails from the River Bank” a play on words ‘Tails’ instead of ‘Tales’ - you get the idea haha. I started this piece by wanting to create a ‘bone’ texture from polymer clay; the form of a cross section of a vertebra was perfect to display this. I then wanted to create a skin like texture from polymer, when noticed the cross sectioned vertebra looked similar to a flat fish, like a plaice or a stingray. This inspired me to make an ‘alien’ river creature. The photographs where taken by photographer Rebecca Maggs.
Picture frame size 14 x 11.

6 comments:

  1. It looks great Rach! I love how you've made the bone texture. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lauren, that means a lot to me :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thankyou for asking me. Your work is amazing Rach :)
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) and many thanks for taking these wonderful pictures for me :) xx

      Delete
  4. i love this rachel where did you get that glass frame box from ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jo. I bought the frame from the range and made the box to go with it :) x

      Delete