Thursday 12 April 2012

Rebirth Photos: Raw State.

Here are some photos of Rebirth in its raw state (unfired). I used a simple Buff clay for a few reasons; it has a fairly wide firing range, once bisque fired it has a toast colour (this is good for applying bright colours to, in my opinion), It’s robust enough for hand building but still smooth enough to apply detail to. It was made about 18 months ago and I’m still looking for a place to get this piece fired, sadly. Size approx: 13 x 5 x 9 inches.
The cracks are deliberate.

2 comments:

  1. beautiful! What kind of glaze do you think you're going to use when the time comes?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your kind comment... I've always leaned towards stone-glazes, but tbh I'm a bit unconventional as far as glazing is concerned, choosing to use enamels or car paints etc. For this particular piece i think some bright colours are in order haha :)

    ReplyDelete